||April 25, 2022
Mitsui Sumitomo Marine Management U.S.A., Inc. is one of the world’s top ten property/casualty insurance carriers with over 40,000 employees worldwide.
Provides support and assistance to underwriting staff including collecting data; organizing files and reports; performing administrative and customer service duties regarding new and renewal accounts that will assist in ensuring the underwriting process is handled efficiently and accurately.
- Inputs data into RMS RiskBrowser for both catastrophe management as well as improve
- Gathers and organizes information to prepare new and renewal policy/account files for underwriter review and direction in accordance with company underwriting guidelines and standards. This may include, but is not limited to, setting up folders; preparing and completing account summary worksheets; completing Underwriting Spreadsheet; loss rating; P&L; company selection forms; schedule rating worksheets; broker follow ups and preparing electronic underwriting files and documentation package for bound accounts.
- Maintains various account databases (PIP, UM, marketing, etc.) to ensure up to date information and status updates in UM and/or PIP. Update loss history to ensure all systems accurately reflect updated account information/documentation in accordance with company underwriting guidelines. Manage status of statutory coverage acceptance/rejection (TRIA).
- Provides timely and professional customer service to internal and external customers including Underwriters; Operations staff; Brokers; to facilitate the processing of business and to ensure excellent customer service to our accounts and prospects. Responds to brokers service requests for loss runs, endorsements, etc.; ensuring all appropriate documentation is received (i.e. signed statements of values ; signed terrorism rejection forms; obtaining copies of underlying policies for umbrella and excess policies); troubleshooting for transaction processing issues with Operations Department and researching and assisting in resolving telephone and written inquiries generated from internal and external customers (i.e. policy/account status, rating and billing issues, etc.).
- Reviews new/renewal submissions for necessary underwriting data and follows up with broker for information
- Orders Risk Engineering reports as necessary based on underwriting criteria and follows-up on recommendations to ensure compliance to MSIG risk management standards.
- Managers status of statutory coverage acceptance/rejection (TRIA)
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 2 years prior customer service experience and general knowledge of insurance company operations preferred.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your resume to email@example.com
The Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.