||New York City
||August 21, 2019
MSIG Holdings (Americas), Inc. (MSIG) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the MS & AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. – one of the top ten property-casualty insurance groups world-wide. Our Group has capital in excess of $25 Billion, operations in more than 40 countries and nearly 40,000 personnel located globally.
Provides support and assistance to underwriting staff including collecting data; organizing files and reports; performing administrative and customer service duties regarding new and renewal accounts that will assist in ensuring the Underwriting process is handled efficiently and accurately.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Gathers and organizes information to prepare new and renewal policy/account files for underwriter review and direction in accordance with company underwriting guidelines and standards on accounts assigned. This may include, but is not limited to, setting up folders; preparing and completing account summary worksheets; completing Underwriting Spreadsheet; loss rating; P&L; company selection forms; schedule rating worksheets and printing for underwriting files and preparing underwriting documentation package for bound accounts.
- Reviews and analyzes new/renewal submissions for necessary underwriting data and follows up with broker for missing information.
- Conducts internet searches to secure appropriate client information including Dun and Bradstreet Reports and/or financial statements, insured profile to assist underwriters on accounts assigned.
- Utilizes MVR reporting system for driver screening against underwriting criteria. and refers exceptions to underwriters to streamline and improve underwriting decisions on accounts assigned.
- Maintains various account databases (PIP, submission log, marketing, etc.) to ensure up to date information and status updates in Submission logs and/or PIP. Update loss history to ensure all systems accurately reflect updated account information/documentation in accordance with company underwriting guidelines on accounts assigned.
- Analyzes coverage requested by brokers/underwriters for transmission to rating.
- Rate products with proprietary plans (i.e. Umbrella, COP, Inland Marine, etc.)
- Prepare aggregation and marginal analysis using CatStation to assure accurate accumulation of property value aggregation.
- Prepares, updates and maintains Schedule of Values.
- Prepare facultative documentation per underwriting guidelines.
- Provides timely and professional customer service to internal and external customers including Underwriters; Operations staff; Agents and Brokers; to facilitate the processing of business and to ensure excellent customer service to our accounts and prospects. Responds to brokers service requests for loss runs, endorsements, etc.; ensuring all appropriate documentation is received (i.e. signed statements of values ; signed terrorism rejection forms; obtaining copies of underlying policies for umbrella and excess policies); troubleshooting for transaction processing issues with Operations Department and researching and assisting in resolving telephone and written inquiries generated from internal and external customers (i.e. policy/account status, rating and billing issues, etc.).
- Prepares loss experience analysis including P&L and T&D models. Orders Loss Control reports as necessary based on underwriting criteria and follows-up on recommendations to ensure compliance to MSIG risk management standards……
- Manage status of statutory coverage acceptance/rejection (TRIA, UM-UIM) including contacting customers to ensure receipt and assist with questions.
- Manages the department diary system to ensure completion of miscellaneous underwriting department functions on accounts assigned.
- Completes miscellaneous projects as required.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required
- Minimum of 3 years prior customer service experience and general knowledge of insurance company operations.
- Experience interpreting underwriting manuals/guidelines, rating manuals, forms and work flow is preferred.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your resume to email@example.com
The Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.