||July 16, 2019
MSIG Holdings (Americas), Inc. (MSIG) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the MS & AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. – one of the top ten property-casualty insurance groups world-wide. Our Group has capital in excess of $25 Billion, operations in more than 40 countries and nearly 40,000 personnel located globally.
The Project Manager works with our National Underwriting Department team, other departments associated with Underwriting and Operations activities and our IT Department (as needed) to develop and maintain a project portfolio for business / functional areas. The Project Manager works with business partners to identify projects necessary to support the business area and prioritize the required projects for execution. The Project Manager supports the National Underwriting Department in the project planning and budgeting process. The Project Manager develops project status reports and provides regular updates to stakeholders on project execution and pipeline status. Position will provide hands on technical support to various National Underwriting personnel as required. This role ensures that solutions meet business needs and align with business objectives.
The Project Manager is responsible for coordination and completion of the project and interacts with project stakeholders, sponsors and department heads. The Project Manager is expected to manage multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously and is responsible for setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring and summarizing the progress of the project(s). Project Managers identify and manage project risks and issues and proactively manage change throughout the project life cycle.
- Develops and maintains a project portfolio for business / functional areas and provides regular reporting of all projects underway to business partners.
- Influences and communicates with key stakeholders including project status, timeframes and expected business impacts.
- Maintains a pipeline of potential future projects and works with National Underwriting teams and IT management to prioritize and plan pipeline projects.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manages tasks and coordinates with all resources across departments to achieve successful project completion.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and it’s scope.
- Determines project resource requirements and resolves scheduling conflicts.
- Provides leadership throughout the full project life cycle.
- Facilitates meetings between Information Technology, business users and outside resources (vendors) as required.
- Leads both internal and vendor teams to deliver technology solutions by ensuring that the solution meets the business needs / objectives.
- Monitors and mitigates project risks to provide solutions when unexpected project changes occur.
- Responsible for timely and accurate project delivery, coordinating and working closely with business, product vendor, developers, testers and end-users to ensure maximum efficiency and performance of our applications.
- Gathers and analyzes requirements to ensure the end product provides the correct solution.
- Coordinates and disseminates business needs and requirements to IT area and / or vendors for major underwriting / operational projects.
- Acts as both a liaison and facilitator to the business units, IT team and vendors.
- Translates current state into business requirements and technical specifications and creates future state process flows
- Prepares procedure documents, requirements documents, flow charts, swim lane diagrams…etc. as required to support business activities.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5 + years of project management experience; PMP Certification a plus but not required.
- Insurance Industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with policy administration systems; knowledge of Insurity and Guideware a plus.
- MUST HAVE knowledge of the entire policy production workflow including: rating, policy issuance, interrelation between underwriting and operations, system interfaces, billing, reinsurance, regulatory compliance, interfaces with claims, insureds and agents.
- Demonstrated ability to capture current state business processes and map out processes to implement solutions on business needs.
- Ability to prepare time / budget / resource estimates; still deliver on-time with limited resources and within scope.
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvement, develop and implement strategy, inspire the needed resources and successfully implement change.
- Ability to influence others to execute change management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple cross-functional teams to implement organization-wide solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio & Project.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.