||March 9, 2022
Mitsui Sumitomo Marine Management U.S.A., Inc. is one of the world’s top ten property/casualty insurance carriers with over 40,000 employees worldwide.
Produce, underwrite and service profitable Inland Marine business in the Central/Gulf region in accordance with all department guidelines. Assumes a leadership role in the organization to positively influence staff and promote a positive image of MSIG in the marketplace. Develop agency relationships and build a profitable book of business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Produces, selects and underwrites Inland Marine risks within delegated underwriting authority, including construction, transportation or other classes of Inland Marine as authorized.
- Applies appropriate account selection, coverage and pricing techniques according to department guidelines.
- Monitors underwriting results, premium and loss trends within assigned book of business.
- Establishes and executes effective and efficient producer and client visits (in conjunction with other internal units and Marketing Representatives as necessary) in order to maintain existing accounts and develop new business.
- Coordinate with inter-company departments as well as producers, insureds and Marketing Representatives to ensure appropriate high level account management standards are maintained.
- Enhances underwriting expertise in the area of Inland Marine including assisting in training and development of Department staff.
- Responsible for helping develop and implement best practices in the areas of Account Management.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience preferable. CPCU/ insurance designations encouraged.
- 5+ years of marine hull and liability underwriting experience, demonstrated productivity and profitability and strong business acumen related to building a profitable book of business.
- Strong knowledge and technical expertise of commercial Inland Marine exposures, risks, forms, coverages, and market capabilities.
- Strong portfolio management, production, organization and time management skills with an understanding of the company’s business objectives.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.