|Posted||March 9, 2022|
Mitsui Sumitomo Marine Management U.S.A., Inc. is one of the world’s top ten property/casualty insurance carriers with over 40,000 employees worldwide.
The Internal Auditor will primarily be responsible for undertaking a range of internal audit activities from initial planning through the audit report. In addition, the Internal Auditor will determine if MSMM’s network of risk management, control, technology and governance processes are satisfactory and meet the needs of the business as well as regulatory authorities.
• Perform and control the full Sarbanes- Oxley (SOX) based audit cycle including analyses of risk management, operations effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations. In addition, responsible for risk based audits e.g. governance
• Identify opportunities to strengthen internal controls and improve business processes.
• Maintain effective relationships with business units and management to enhance the audit process.
• Effectively monitors own performance to ensure plans, schedules, and budgets are met, as well as to appropriately use Company resource
• Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices and documentation.
• Obtain, analyze and evaluate supporting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts, etc.
• Identify gaps in internal controls and recommend risk mitigation measures and cost savings.
• Prepare and present reports and/or memorandum that reflect business descriptions, process flows, key internal controls, as well as root cause and remediation.
• Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity and legality.
• Ensure audit findings are discussed with management and appropriately tracked through remediation
• Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, performance standards and the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF).
Education and Experience Required:
• Diploma/Degree: Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of 5-7 years of audit related experience
• SOX based audits.
• Advanced skills on MS Office applications; working knowledge on Audit software such as TeamMate; and proficiency in data analytics.
• Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”), Certified Internal Auditor (“CIA”), Preferred
• Ability to utilize critical thinking by applying process analysis, business intelligence, and problem solving techniques
• Ability to travel up to 10%, domestically5+ years related insurance experience in an insurance company and/or external audit experience.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your resume to email@example.com
The Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
You are currently leaving the MSIG website to a site not hosted by MSIG.