||April 4, 2022
Mitsui Sumitomo Marine Management U.S.A., Inc. is one of the world’s top ten property/casualty insurance carriers with over 40,000 employees worldwide.
Provides IT support to end users on a variety of issues; responds to telephone calls, and other requests for technical support; identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems regarding software and computer equipment; tracks and monitors problems to ensure timely resolution; keeps end users apprised of status of requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Designs and implements procedures that are used to support software product installations.
- Creates and troubleshoot issues as submitted to the ticketing system.
- Evaluates existing system configurations and recommends infrastructure changes to improve or enhance performance and maintainability.
- Prepares and reviews technical and programmatic documentation for completeness, accuracy, and traceability
- Facilitates information flow among all teams and business partners.
- Coordinates, supports, and participates in program meetings and reviews.
- Assures that all Production application turnover documents comply with IT Policies, Procedures and Controls prior to promotion to any production environment
- Prioritizes Configuration management work.
- Works according to routines and processes in the area of responsibility for quality, efficiency and security, in accordance with agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA) and/or specific regulations (SOC1).
- Responsible for monitoring and supporting systems at the level that is agreed upon.
- Carries out event and incident localization/resolution/escalation in accordance with given instructions.
- Contributes to problem localization and resolution regarding infrastructure and/or applications.
- Interacts with technical staff from other IT organizations.
- Carries out installation and maintenance of standard products of infrastructure and/or applications in accordance with standardized routines.
- Contributes to input to Service Monitoring and Operations in all aspects regarding Event Management and Incident Management.
- Focuses on optimizing services.
- Ensures services in runtime production meet the given service levels for performance and availability.
- Reports performance, efficiency and capacity measurements to Infrastructure Management, Operations Management and Application functions.
- When required, contribute knowledge within projects, reviews etc.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems over the phone and to independently solve problems creatively – think ‘out of the box’.
- Image and Deploy Laptops/Desktops with Microsoft OS and MSMM approved applications
- Installation of other business approved software on Laptops/Desktops as requested
- Configure and Deploy Iphones as requested
- Recover of Laptop/Desktop files as requested by the business
- Support of other MSMM approved peripherals connected to Desktops/Laptops as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- 5+ years hands on experience in an IT Help Desk environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with users at all skill levels.
Extensive experience maintaining and troubleshooting Windows PCs and environment
If you would like to apply for this position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.