||May 1, 2019
MSIG Holdings (Americas), Inc. (MSIG) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the MS & AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. – one of the top ten property-casualty insurance groups world-wide. Our Group has capital in excess of $25 Billion, operations in more than 40 countries and nearly 40,000 personnel located globally.
Summary: The Document Management Solution Engineer is responsible for supporting the Laserfiche Enterprise Content Management (ECM) application throughout the Organization. Responsible for design and development of document processing and workflow solutions in response to all Business Department needs, and resolving daily Production ECM issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Solution Development (70%)
- Delivers first-class software solutions using a combination of out of the box Laserfiche Enterprise software and custom-coded solutions tailored to MSMM’s business needs.
- Analyzes business needs and requirements to design and implement new ECM solutions.
- Creates documentation detailing custom solutions provided to MSMM business customers and framing the scope of the engagement.
- Ensures software source code and application changes are promoted into both the QA and Production environment by following designated Change Management processes and controls. Ensures QA and Production application documents comply with IT Policies, Procedures and Controls prior to promotion to any production environment. Maintains configuration history of code moving into the QA and Production environments.
Maintenance and User Support (20%)
- Provides post-implementation support for solutions (including troubleshooting, maintenance and training).
- Responsible for installation and testing of the latest Laserfiche patches/releases.
- Monitors Laserfiche Workflows to ensure continuous operation of business critical processes and integrations.
- Analyzes performance of Workflows to ensure optimal processing of data.
- Proposes recommendations for improving content management solution capabilities.
- Develops, documents, and maintains standards, best practices, and system usage procedures for Laserfiche solutions. Assists in the development of document or content classification to facilitate information capture, search, and retrieval. Conducts needs assessments to identify document management requirements of departments or end users.
- Analyzes, interprets, and disseminates system performance data.
- Implements scanning or other automated data entry procedures, using imaging devices and document imaging software.
- Maintains a variety of documentation, including operations procedures and error logs. Corrects and documents operational problems and discrepancies, including application changes and procedural changes as directed by supervisor or manager. Communicate changes in operating procedures and techniques to all operations personnel.
Professional Development and Administrative (10%)
- Keeps abreast of developments in document management by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educational programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.
- Supports internal and external audits of MSMM processes and systems by performing tasks such as delivering audit requests to exhibit that our established audit controls are followed and compiling lists of active user for quarterly application recertification’s
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: The capabilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for an individual to perform this job successfully.
- 1-3 years of relevant ECM/BPM systems work experience.
- Experience using Configuration and Change Management tools and PC & Server Troubleshooting preferred.
- Experience with responding to reported incidents/alerts.
- Proven ability in using configuration management standards.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written/oral communication and presentation/interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent customer service focus.
- Familiarity with all aspects of the SDLC, from requirements definition through production support.
- P&C insurance experience highly desired, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is required
- Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Engineering, is preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Hours: In addition to the standard company work day, the position requires working some evenings and weekends for installing, maintaining, or monitoring applications.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.