||July 8, 2019
MSIG Holdings (Americas), Inc. (MSIG) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the MS & AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. – one of the top ten property-casualty insurance groups world-wide. Our Group has capital in excess of $25 Billion, operations in more than 40 countries and nearly 40,000 personnel located globally.
The Commercial Account Specialist provides support and assistance to Operations and Underwriting staff. This includes quoting, rating and issuing policies and endorsements, collecting data, appropriately applying rates and factors, organizing files and reports, and performing administrative and customer service duties regarding new and renewal accounts that will assist in ensuring the operations and underwriting process is handled efficiently and accurately.
- Processes documents and requests received for commercial policy issuance, changes, renewals, cancellations and reinstatements. Determines and calculates premiums for input into the rating system according to established Company procedures in a timely and accurate manner.
- Effectively communicates with internal and external customers to obtain and relay information needed to process policies. Updates or orders reports including MVRs, credit information or loss runs in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoots for transaction processing issues with the National Operations Department and researches and assists in resolving inquiries generated from internal and external customers (i.e. policy/account status, rating and billing issues, etc.).
- Reviews all transactions processed to ensure accuracy.
- Shares knowledge and expertise by participating in new departmental and/or company initiatives. Helps with training of others and partnering with IT and/or National Operations on testing of new systems and/or enhancements.
- Performs quality control on other peers as directed.
- Maintains current knowledge of branch goals, underwriting/rating procedures and system changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Insurance related courses preferred.
- 3+ years related commercial lines rating experience is required
Other Qualifications Required:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Occasional overtime required to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible and prioritize with strong attention to details
If you would like to apply for this position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.